Built by Peckett and Son Ltd of Bristol in 1926 to works order no. 1722, Rocket was employed by the Courtaulds
Co. Ltd at Coventry. It remained there throughout its working life and eventually found itself as part of the
private "Shropshire Collection" near Shrewsbury. This collection was sold "en mass" to the S & D Co. Ltd, who
had Rocket restored to its current status by 2003.
After only three trial steamings, 1722 was brought to Telford and has been the mainstay of our passenger operations ever since.